Accountabilities / Responsibilities:
The scrub technician position is responsible for providing safe and direct surgical scrub on all ophthalmic procedures dependent on individual competence within the ASC to identified age groups. In collaboration with other members of the multi-disciplinary care team, the surgical technologist competently performs job responsibilities in accordance with all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state, and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
- Functioning independently in the scrub tech role as part of the surgical team.
- Setting up surgical instruments and equipment.
- Assembling supplies, instruments, and equipment necessary for procedures.
- Ensuring aseptic technique is maintained throughout procedure.
- Quickly and accurately supplying the items the surgeon needs during surgery.
- Adhering to policies of the facility and accrediting bodies.
- Understanding and Knowledge of ophthalmic procedures, instruments, and equipment is required
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as ophthalmology technician
Ability to demonstrate, promote and apply our workplace values:
- Clinical Quality
- Service Excellence
- Continuous Improvement