Accountabilities / Responsibilities:
We are seeking a full time Registered Nurse with experience assisting in various specialties. The OR Registered Nurse is accountable for the provision of nursing care in the assigned intra-operative areas of the surgery center. We work in a fast-paced clinical environment, that allows for autonomy and a rewarding career path. Our Operating Room Nurses serve as a resource to the healthcare team for complex decision making, and they are committed to establishing individualized plans of care for the patient undergoing a surgical procedure.
- Uses the nursing process including assessment, nursing diagnosis, planning, implementation, and evaluation, to provide safe effective outcomes
- Administers and charts medications as ordered by the physician, reinforces and clarifies physician instructions and explanation of procedures to patient and companion.
- Demonstrates appropriate knowledge and competence of designated skills identified for a Registered Nurse position in the surgical suites. This would include patient care duties, the ability to provide care in emergency situations, and based upon age-specific needs utilizing a developmental perspective.
- Maintains and evaluates their own clinical expertise and clinical practice, demonstrates the importance of continuing education to the performance of facility responsibilities and professional growth.
- Conducts quality review audits as assigned by the manager or designee, conscientiously and continuously applies the principles and skills learned during CQI training daily.
- Maintains flexibility with scheduling and job assignments in order to cover patient needs. Ability to work in multiple perioperative areas.
- Graduate from an accredited school of professional nursing
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in an operating room setting; preferably in an ambulatory surgery center
- Active SC RN license
- Valid BCLS Certification upon employment
- CNOR certification preferred
- Orthopedic and spine experience preferred
Ability to demonstrate, promote and apply our workplace values:
- Clinical Quality
- Service Excellence
- Continuous Improvement